We are all invited to a special picnic celebration with our new friends at Dewey Avenue Presbyterian Church as they close out a memorable chapter of church life and begin a new one with our congregation at IPC. Dewey will be celebrating their last service together as a congregation at the Eagle Shelter in Seneca Park at 11:00am on Sunday, June 11. We are all invited to join them for a picnic at the shelter immediately following their service to welcome in our new relationship together. Meats, rolls, condiments, and beverages will be provided by our friends at Dewey. We are each asked to bring a dish to pass and RSVP to Gianna Finn or the church office no later than Sunday, June 4.
Please take this important opportunity to share in celebrating the life and mission of Dewey Avenue, and extend a warm IPC welcome to our newest church members. We will hold our normal worship service at IPC on June 4 and proceed to the picnic following worship. See a map and directions below.
ROUTE DIRECTIONS TO EAGLE SHELTER – SENECA PARK
• Start out from church going south on Culver Rd/County Hwy-120 toward William St.
• After 0.29 miles, turn right onto Keeler Expressway Service Rd.
Keeler Expressway Service Rd is 0.1 miles past Brower Rd
If you are on Culver Rd and reach Brookdale Park you’ve gone about 0.1 miles too far
• Then drive 0.07 miles and merge onto NY-104 W/Keeler Expy W via the ramp on the left.
Then drive 1.94 miles and take the exit toward Seneca Ave/Clinton Ave.
• Then drive 0.19 miles and merge onto Keeler Expressway Service Rd.
• After 0.44 miles, turn right onto N Clinton Ave.
— N Clinton Ave is 0.2 miles past Seneca Ave
— If you reach NY-104 W you’ve gone about 0.1 miles too far
• Then drive 0.17 miles and take the 1st left onto E Ridge Rd/County Hwy-241.
— E Ridge Rd is just past Rau St
— If you reach Alcazar St you’ve gone a little too far
• Then drive 0.31 miles and turn right onto Saint Paul St.
• After 0.31 miles, you have reached the entrance for Seneca Park Zoo (on your left).
— The entrance is just past Versailles Rd.
• Turn left at the park entrance and proceed past the zoo and down into the valley on Seneca Park Road. Circle around the pond (one way) until you reach the Eagle Shelter (see map).